Grief and loss
Grief is a natural response to loss. We all will experience grief at some point in our life for example after losing a loved family member or a pet. Grief can be expressed in many ways and can affect your life.
Symptoms of grief can include
- Poor sleep, low mood and low appetite.
- High anxiety
- Feeling of denial, unable to accept that loss has occurred.
- Feelings of guilt or anger.
- Mood swings and tearfulness.
- Worries that not grieving “normally”.
Getting through grief and loss
- Ask for help.
- Talk to your family members and friends.
- Practice self-care – maintain physical health, continue to engage in activities of interest.
- Validate your emotions around grief and allow yourself to express grief.
- Join a support group.
- Remind yourself that grieving can take time. However, if you or someone is feeling overwhelmed with grief, you may benefit from seeking professional help.
Ready to get started?
Please contact our friendly reception team to have a chat or ask any further questions.