Relationships are essential for our emotional well-being. Strong and healthy relationships can improve our mental and physical health. It is normal to experience conflicts in a close or long-term relationship however if the arguments, miscommunication or lack of intimacy continues for an extended period, it can damage our relationship
Warning signs of relationship breakdown
- Lack of shared interest.
- Increased arguments and conflicts.
- Lack of intimacy between partners.
- Increased arguments around parenting
- One of you has an addiction issue that might be affecting the relationship.
Good relationship includes
- Respect, honesty and trust
- Love and commitment
- Shared dreams and hopes around the future.
- Mutual emotional support and intimacy.
Ways to improve your relationship
- Open communication : be open to your partner’s point of view.
- Respect : being respectful despite having a conflict with your partner.
- Stress management : focus on keeping your stress levels down and encourage your partner to engage in pleasurable activities.
- Develop a shared meaning in your relationship.
- Celebrate small or big milestones in your relationship.
- Keep your playfulness, humour and curiosity alive in your relationship.
At Mind Psychology, we can support you by engaging in one-to-one counselling sessions to focus on overcoming your personal issues that might be impacting your relationship such as anger issues or poor communication skills
Ready to get started?
Please contact our friendly reception team to have a chat or ask any further questions.